Archiv - Informationen nicht mehr aktuell
Production of the Future, 22. Call, Bilateral Cooperation Austria – SHANGHAI University, China
Cooperativ R&D Projects in the field of graphen, functional nanomaterials and 3D-printing and processing
The objective of this call for Austrian-Chinese Cooperative R&D Projects is to support the jointly identified research topics graphen, functional nanomaterials, 3D-printing and processing with mutual interests and scientific excellence based on the existing cooperation agreement between the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) and the SHANGHAI University (SHA), China.
FFG provides selected Cooperative R&D Project with financial support for a maximum of 3 years. The total call budget for the Austrian project partners is EUR 0.5 million (equivalent to around CNY 3,73 million). The funding amount for Austrian partners in a joint project must be between EUR 100,000 and EUR 500,000. The budget provided by FFG can only be used to cover costs related to the project parts carried out by the Austrian project partners. The funding regulations for Austrian project partners are laid down in the respective call documents.
The call starts on 5 October 2016.
An overview of previous calls under the RTI Initiative “Production of the Future” is provided here.
The Cooperative R&D Project must address at least one of the following topics
- Functional nanomaterials
- 3D-Printing and processing
Deadline for submission via FFG eCall and SHANGHAI University:
FFG eCall: 17 January 2017, 11:00 at Central European Time (C.E.T.)
SHANGHAI: 17 January 2017, 18:00 at China Standard Time (C.S.T.)
Detailed information is provided in the documents available in the Download Center.
Strategic Objectives of the Call
- Increase the innovation performance of the national manufacturing industry by making better use of collaboration options to solve challenging interdisciplinary tasks, by motivating companies that have so far shown little or no innovation activity and by improving the industry’s access to relevant research expertise available at research institutions and organisations.
- Built up research expertise in research institutions by establishing and expanding research and teaching capacities (e.g. through the establishment of endowed professorships).
- Strengthen European and international collaborations and networks by participating in ERA-Nets (European Research Area Networks) relevant to the manufacturing industry, by carrying out bilateral calls with selected non-EU countries or by organising research workshops with Austrian stakeholders from the manufacturing industry and production research in selected countries within and outside Europe
Operative Objectives of the Call – relevant for Austrian participants
- Objective 1: Efficient use of resources and raw materials and efficient production technologies
- Objective 2: Flexible production
- Objective 3: Manufacture of high-quality products