Austrian Space Applications Programme
The Austrian Space Applications Programme ASAP was initiated by the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology in 2002. It is a bottom-up research funding programme targeted at space science, technology and applications. The programme should enable bilateral cooperation, support scientific participation in ESA and bilateral projects and complement development in the application domain. It also aims at promoting interesting technology niches in Austria. The Austrian Space Applciations Programme addresses Austrian and international sceintists, scientific institutions, industrial enterprises and other companies, including SMEs located in Austria.
Through ASAP Austrian research institutions as well as commercial enterprises have been supported in their efforts in conducting space science and exploration projects, and in developing space technologies, products and services.
The programme elements "Scientifc Excellence", "Economic Benefits" and "Benefits for Society" are affected by the main objectives of the Austrian Space Applications Programme.
- Development of scientific instruments for European and international space missions
- Building new scientific skills within the scope of space missions
- Development of innovative technologies, products and processes
- Diffusion of space technologies in other sectors
- Utilisation of space technology for further applications like navigation, telecommunication, Earth observation and integrated applications
- Use the potential of space based applications to contribute solutions to the great challenges of our future
Furthermore, the Austrian Space Applications Programme on the one hand aims at building national and international networks through multi- and bilateral projects and on the other hand at increasing user communities of space technology.
|Art des Angebots||Förderung, Beratung, Vernetzung|
Space & Aviation
Aeronautics and Space Agency