COMET – Competence Centers for Excellent Technologies
Competence Centers for Excellent Technologies
|Target group||SME, Large enterprises, Universities, Universities of applied sciences, Competence centres, Research facilities|
|Topic||Service Innovations, Society, Information technology, Human resources, Life sciences, Materials and production, Mobility, Security, Environment and energy, Further issues, Space|
|Type of service||Funding|
|Förderinstrument||C8 Z Kompetenzzentrum, C9 PJ Strukturaufbau - Projekte|
|FFG Unit of organisation||Structural programmes|
Today, some 1,500 researchers from science and industry work on jointly defined research programmes at more than 50 centers and networks. Special support will be given to those research activities which operate at the cutting-edge and which also promise a high international profile. The competences of the players working at the centers are to be bundled to a greater extent than in the past, with the aim of systematically leveraging content-related synergies in order to obtain a global competitive advantage. Finally, the programme should also make a major contribution to developing human resources in Austria with attractive offers for researchers.
Focus and target groups
The programme addresses existing competence centers and networks, as well as new consortia with participants from science and industry.
All three programme lines are thematically open. However, every center and every research project must have a defined theme.
Programme line K1-Centres
- K1-Centres 4th Call (recommended for funding): ACMIT | CDP | FFoQSI | PCCL-K1 | Pro2Future | SBA-K1 | VRVis K1
- K1-Centres 3rd Call: ASSIC | BE2020_2.0 | CBMed | CEST | K1-MET | KNOW | LEC EvoLET | RCPE | SCCH | WOOD
- K1-Centres 2nd Call: ACMIT | alpS | PCCL-K1 | SBA 2 | VRVis-Center
Programme line K-Projects
- K-Projects 5th Call: ADDA | AEDA | Amoree | DEXHELPP | ECO-PowerDrive-2 | HOPL | imPACts | JOIN | LiTech | VASCage | ZPT+
- K-Projects 4th Call: AAHM-R2P | ASD | ECO-COOL | FLIPPR | focus-sts | GSG | OptiBioMat | PolyComp | SeCoS | Vision+
COMET is sponsored by the Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT) and the Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW), which are following up on the success of their previous competence center programmes. The Austrian provinces also support COMET with additional funds.
The Austrian Research Promotion Agency FFG is responsible for the management of COMET.