Objectives and Mission
All FFG activities aim to strengthen Austria as a research and innovation centre on the global market and thus help to ensure the long-term availability of high quality jobs and maintain the prosperity of one of the world"s wealthiest countries.
These goals reflect the statutory purpose of the FFG: "The purpose of the FFG is to promote research, technology, development and innovation for the benefit of Austria." (Sec. 3 of the FFG Act)
The tasks of the FFG are stipulated follows:
- To manage and finance research projects in the business and science sectors, impulse programmes for the economy and research facilities, and networks fostering cooperation between science and industry.
- To manage cooperative programmes and projects with the EU and other European and international partners.
- To represent Austria"s interests at relevant European and international institutions on behalf of the Austrian government.
- To provide consultation and support to intensify Austria"s involvement in European programmes, especially in the EU Framework Programme for Research, Technology and Innovation and the Framework Programme for Competitiveness and Innovation.
- To provide support and strategy development services for decision-makers in the Austrian innovation system.
- To improve public awareness of the importance of R&D.
The mission statement of the FFG is derived from this definition of its aims and objectives.
"Our aim is to make a lasting contribution to the strength of the Austrian economy. As part of the Austrian innovation system, we help Austria"s business and science sectors to remain competitive both nationally and internationally.
The skills and expertise of our employees enable us to provide high-quality research promotion services and achieve the highest degree of customer satisfaction.”