BiDS'23 - Big Data from Space 2023
1220 Wien, Bruno-Kreisky-Platz 1
Tel. (01) 260 69 - 0
This year's BiDS conference will not only focus on technologies that enable insights and foresight from "Big Data" (= huge amounts of data), but also on how these technologies impact society. Today, access to global, free and open Earth observation data is complemented by new initiatives (Copernicus Data Space Ecosystem, EU Destination Earth (DestinE) program, ESA Digital Twin Earth program) that create and promote additional value and impact.
Together, the goal is to explore and learn how the use of data from various space domains (e.g., Earth observation, science, navigation, or telecommunications) can provide a solid foundation. A foundation for evidence-based decision making and regulations to address current global challenges such as climate change, sustainability and civil security.
Through a broad program consisting of presentations, tutorials, lightning talks, and more, the following topics will be discussed:
- Big data-driven transformation in policy and society
- Cross-domain applications
- Ethics, equity and trust in Big Data driven policies
- Cloud-native and digital innovation
- New processing paradigms exploiting multi-source data
- New methods and technologies for enabling foresight
- Disruptive technologies
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission
- European Union Satellite Centre (SatCen)
- Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK)
- Aeronautics and Space Agency (ALR) of the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG)
The programme will be available here in September 2023.
Registrations will be available soon via the event website.