OLD EN: Research Partnerships (Forschungspartnerschaften)
The programme is sponsored by the National Foundation for Research, Technology and Development (Nationalstiftung für Forschung, Technologie und Entwicklung) and aims at the systematic build-up and further qualification of research and innovation staff in companies and non-university research institutions. An Industrial PhD project is a three-year industrially focused PhD project where the student is working in a company and enrolled at a university at the same time. The company applies for a project funding from the The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG), and the student is employed by the company. Thus, the PhD students will not only get access to industry but work as fully integrated professionals for the duration of the project guaranteeing the swift transfer of scientific results to industry while at the same time laying the foundation for a research career that might lead to being hired as regular staff after the funding period.
> CURRENT CALL open from 12.03.2018 until 31.10.2019 (latest): Industrienahe Dissertationen (Industrial PhD) 2018 - Apply now!
- Applicants: Companies or non-university research institutions with R&D activities in natural science and technology located in Austria
- The Industrial PhD candidate must be employed by an Austrian company for the duration of the PhD project (at least 50 % of a full-time equivalent).
- Topic of the Industrial PhD thesis: Natural Science and Technology - especially Information technology, mobility, materials and production, environment and energy.
- The funding project must not be started before the funding application is received by the FFG.
- Proposals can be submitted continuously and are continuously evaluated by independent experts.
- Funding decisions are made following the meetings of the advisory board of the FFG General Programmes (advisory board of the FFG Basisprogramme). The dates of the advisory board meetings can be found here.
- 50 % of the funds are dedicated to female students
- As soon as the funding is exhausted the call will be closed.
|Target group||Kleine und mittlere Unternehmen (KMU), Große Unternehmen (GU), Forschungseinrichtungen|
|Art des Angebots||Förderung|
Material and manufacturing
Mobility and Transport
Environment and energy
Further research areas
Aeronautics and Space