Imagine Digital - Connect Europe
|Datum||04.12.2018 08:00 - 06.12.2018 13:00|
|Themenbereich||Dienstleistungsinnovationen, Gesellschaft, Informationstechnologie, Material und Produktion, Mobilität, Sicherheit, Umwelt und Energie, weitere Themen, Weltraum|
|Zielgruppe||Kleine und mittlere Unternehmen (KMU), Große Unternehmen (GU), Universitäten, Fachhochschulen, Kompetenzzentren, Forschungseinrichtungen, Einzel-ForscherInnen, Start-Up, (Gemeinnützige) Vereine, Gebietskörperschaften, Multiplikatoren / Intermediäre, Jugendliche|
|FFG Bereich||Europäische und Internationale Programme|
The key European ICT research and innovation event will be back on 4-6 December 2018 in Vienna, organised by the European Commission and the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
In an open and participatory event, European citizens can join science community members, policymakers, and fellow ICT-enthusiasts to discuss the future in a digital Europe.
ICT 2018 will have four main components organized around the theme Imagine Digital – Connect Europe: Conference, Exhibition, Networking opportunities and Innovation and Startups forum.
The Conference programme will feature influential speakers and debates around the EU’s digital policy. The programme will involve relevant parties from industry, research and public bodies. The ‘Imagine18’ campaign will reach out to generations ranging from teenagers to the elderly to learn how citizens feel about the digital revolution and its effects on daily life.
The programme will include the following topics:
- Artificial intelligence and the next digital transformation of industry
- The European data economy – realizing the potential of big data for the digital single market;
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) in Europe: development of the HPC ecosystem in applications and services
- The role of digital skills in education and life-long learning
- Challenges of a connected, yet secure, European society
- Creativity and the Arts in Innovation
- The future of research partnerships after Horizon 2020
- eGovernment and the possibilities of digital citizenship
- Empowerment of social media users through media literacy
As part of the ICT 2018 Exhibition programme, EU-funded research and innovation successes will be presented to the public. Visitors will also have the chance to meet the innovators behind these projects.
ICT 2018 offers networking opportunities both offline and online. Participants can meet and engage with the academic and research community, decision-makers, as well as business representatives.
The Innovation and Startups forum will bring together market-oriented innovators and investors, and will present marketable research and innovation results from EU-funded projects.