Under what circumstances must the Grant Agreement be amended?
In the following cases:
- Removal/addition of a project participant
- Change of coordinator (with or without his/her agreement)
- Changes relating to linked third parties
- Partial takeover of a project participant
- Premature termination of the project
- Changes to options in the GA
- Changes to Annex 1 (changes of action name/acronym/duration, significant changes of tasks etc.)
- Changes to Annex 2 requiring the approval of the European Commission/funding agency
Please note that the minimum conditions for participation must continue to be met after amendment of the GA.
When are amendments of the Grant Agreement not necessary?
If the data (name, legal form, address etc.) of an organisation change, they must be updated by the LEAR (Legal Entity Appointed Representative) of the organisation in the Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal.
Budget transfers will only require an amendment to be made if they also involve “significant changes” to the project. In the event of unplanned subcontracts and in-kind contributions by third parties the project participant may choose between an amendment or subsequent recognition at his/her own risk.
What is the amendment process?
The amendment is requested and processed in a paperless form in the Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal. Amendments are usually initiated by the consortium, but there may also be amendments requested by the European Commission/funding agency.
Once the decisions have been made within the consortium (according to the Consortium Agreement), the coordinator submits an Amendment Request. The EU Commission/funding agency must respond to the request within 45 days. It may
- accept the request (“Acceptance”);
- reject the request (“Rejection”), if no response is received within the set time, the request is also considered to be rejected, or
- request additional information and/or extend the deadline to check the request in more detail.
Every Amendment request is treated as a package which can only be accepted or rejected as a whole (if this is not desired separate requests must be submitted). The Amendment Request cannot be altered once it has been submitted. Amendments enter into force on the day they are signed electronically. They take effect either on that day or at another date agreed between the parties (including retroactively).
Detailed information can be found ...
National Contact Point: Legal and financial matters
T +43 5 7755 4008
Expert: Legal and financial matters
T +43 5 7755 4009