The consortium is solely responsible for the preparation of the CA. The participants can use the CA to complement and, where expressly provided by the "default rules", modify the regulations of the GA. However, the CA must not contradict the GA. The information provided by the project partners in the "Description of the Action" (Annex 1 of the GA) are therefore binding for the CA.
CAs typically specify the following topics:
- General provisions: definitions, entry into force, duration, applicable law (often: Belgian law) etc.
- Obligations of partners: compliance with deadlines for deliverables and reports, information obligations, participation in meetings etc. and consequences of non-compliance
- Internal organisation and decision-making: composition and duties of bodies (corresponding to the size of the consortium), meetings, voting rules etc.
- Financial provisions: allocation of funding and transfer to the partners (e.g. payment of pre-financing in instalments), handling of receipts and financial losses etc.
- Provisions on the handling of intellectual property rights: more detailed information about the consortium's ability to specify the handling of intellectual property rights, access rights and project results can be found in the documents available in the Download Center at the bottom of this page.
- Other issues: liability, non-disclosure, dispute resolution …