COMET Compentence Centers for Excellent Technologies – COMET Centres (K2)
COMET Centres (K2) aim to focus existing competences and develop new competences by collaborating with international researchers of renown, scientific partners and companies in a joint strategically oriented research programme at the highest level.
Specifications COMET Centres (K2)
Consortium: At least one scientific partner and five company partners
Duration: 8 years (as of 3rd Call; previously: 10 years)
- 40% to max. 55% public funding
- Min. 5% by scientific partners
- Min. 40% by company partners
- Max. federal funding: 4 million Euro/year (since the 3rd Call), before: 5 million Euro/year
- Max. provincial funding: 2 million Euro/year (since the 3rd Call), before: 2.5 million Euro/year
Description of the target group:
The COMET programme addresses both existing competence centres and COMET projects as well as new consortia of science and industry.