- INNOWWIDE Info-Webinar: EU-Fördermittel für Ihre Internationalisierung in globale Märkte
Wednesday, 12 February 2020, 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM (CET)
- INNOWWIDE Event (Webinars, Infodays) Overview
The INNOWWIDe pilot call intends to bring European highly innovative SMEs to the forefront of international markets by opening two calls that will allow them to conduct Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) in cooperation with local stakeholders. It will, then, create the conditions to increase the uptake of European innovative solutions in markets outside of Europe. The VAP lasts no longer than six months.
Two calls will be implemented with a total budget of 7.2 million €, allowing to fund 120 VAPs (60,000 €/VAP), and targeting markets of developing countries, large emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico) and developed countries with the same allocation for each of these three country categories.
What is a VAP?
Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) are a comprehensive, balanced and coherent set of preliminary technical, market, legal and socio-economic assessments intended to validate the viability of international, innovative businesses solutions along emerging global value chains.
They should identify and assess key framework conditions that may favour or block the effective deployment of collaborative solutions and models in target third countries.
VAPs also include a refined and viable definition of such business solutions and models, together with their implementation strategies.
Who can apply?
Innovative SMEs, including young companies and start-ups from any sector:
- Established in an EU Member State or a Horizon 2020 Associated Country.
- Looking to compete and start business in new and emerging markets around the world.
- Engaged in an economic activity (selling products or providing services on the market at a given price).
- Meeting financial viability and ethical criteria specified in the INNOWWIDE Call 2 guidelines.
- The VAP project must specify a partner entity (subcontractor) from the VAP focus country or countries.
Self-employed, partnerships and associations or any other entity different from the above mentioned will not be eligible for INNOWWIDE funding.
- Only one proposal per applicant SME is allowed.
- SMEs not funded in Call 1 may apply again in Call 2, indicating it in the application form.
- Funded SMEs in Call 1 will not be eligible for Call 2.
 Newly established enterprises, start-ups or companies without economic activity (but expecting to enter soon into the market) may also qualify as
SMEs but should carefully look at their actual internationalization capabilities and resources, since they will be considered at the evaluation stage.
 A list of associated countries can be found here:
 To this end a completely new proposal must be uploaded. Documents from the 1st call will not be allowed
VAP focus regions and countries
VAP projects must target only one pilot third country from the following regions:
- Developed countries
Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand,Republic of Korea, Singapore,Taiwan, United States of America.
- Large Emerging Economies
Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Russia.
- Developing countries
How to apply?
- Go to the INNOWWIDE website and click on Application under VAP Application and Guidelines.
- Complete registration form and follow instructions to set up an account, if not already registered.
- Complete all sections of the application form (including the SME self-assessment, the Ethics self-assessment and the Financial Information) and submit by 31 March 2020 at 20:00 Greenwich Mean Time (21:00 Central European Time).
- You will be contacted with the results of your application by 1 July 2020 at the latest.
- 15 January 2020 to 31 March 2020
Submission of applications
- End of June 2020
Results communication/grant signature
- The budget available for the Call 2 is 4.2 million € (to be divided approximately one third per target country group).
- Each approved VAP will receive a fixed grant amount of 60,000 €, representing a maximum of 70% of total eligible costs (staff, consumables, equipment, subcontracting, others) which must be a minimum of 86,000 €.
- 50% will be disbursed at the beginning.
- Upon submission and approval of the final report after VAP finalization the beneficiary will receive the remaining 50%.
- There is no specific limit to the sub-contracting budget.
- Text 2nd VAP Call
- Guidelines 2nd VAP Call
- Evaluation Guidelines 2nd VAP call
- Example of INNOWWIDE Application Form – 2nd VAP Call
- Frequently Asked Questions 2nd VAP Call
Submit your application here until 31 March at 20:00 GMT