The Republic of Austria has always scored well in international quality of life, environment and culture rankings. Since the start of this century, Austria has sustainably invested in research, technology & innovation (RTI), putting it at the cutting-edge of EU research in many fields.
Austria's foundations as a research location are based on:
- Customised funding & financing, both in applied R&D and basic research.
- Tax incentives for companies intensively involved in research.
- A broad-based tertiary education sector which provides the brainpower necessary to succeed in sunrise industries.
- Effective networking between science and business within competence centres and clusters.
- Excellent living and working conditions in a cosmopolitan environment.