The aim of this call for Austrian-Chinese Cooperative R&D Projects is to support the jointly identified research topics Intelligent Data Analytics and selected research challenges with mutual interests and scientific excellence based on the existing cooperation agreement between the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
FFG provides financial support for selected Cooperative R&D Projects for max. 3 years. The total call budget for the Austrian project partners is EUR 1 million (equivalent to around CNY 8.3 million). The funding amount for Austrian partners must be between EUR 100,000 and 1.000,000 (equivalent to around CNY 8.3 million) per project. The budget provided by FFG can only be used to cover costs related to the project parts carried out by the Austrian project partners. The funding regulations for Austrian project partners are laid down in the respective call documents.
The call starts on 10 April 2017.
Deadline for submission via FFG eCall and to CAS Chinese Academy of Sciences:
FFG eCall: 20 July 2017, 11:00 at Central European Time (C.E.T.)
CAS: 20 July 2017, 18:00 at China Standard Time (C.S.T.)
Detailed information is provided in the documents available in the Downloadcenter.
The overall goals of this Call are:
- Strengthen the innovation potential of national real assets in ICT by improving the industry´s access to research competences at universities and research organisations
- Build up research competences in at least one of the relevant topics in the thematic area of intelligent data analytics or one of the selected research challenges stated in section 2 of this document
- Increase European and international collaborations and networks and foster cooperations to solve interdisciplinary challenges in research
The objectives of the Call - relevant for Austrian participants:
Develop lead technologiesIncrease both the quantity and the quality of ICT-research and development that can achieve and sustain technological leadershipEnable the exploration of new ICT research topics and application areas
Achieve lead positions in competitive marketsStrengthen the capability of firms to innovate, support firms in establishing and extending their competitive position
Establish and extend a lead position as a location for researchSecure and improve Austria’s visibility, interconnectedness and attractiveness in the international context in the area of ICT research and development
Train and attract lead researchersImprove the availability of a sufficient number of trained researchers as the backbone of excellent ICT-research and development
The Cooperative R&D Project must address at least one of the following topics
Call topic 1:Intelligent Data Management and Analytics
- Intelligent data management
- Research on data search
- Semantic processing
- Cognitive systems
- Knowledge Service
- Algorithmic efficiency
Call topic 2: Selection of research topics
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Wearable Computing
- Deep Learning and Optimal Control in Mobile Clouds
- Ubiquitous security
- Quantum Cryptography
- Multi Agent Based Simulation
- Testing and assessing internet networks
- Block chain and electronic contracts
- Fundamental Theory and Key Technologies of ITS
Detailed information is provided in the documents in the Downloadcenter.