Funding applications can be submitted at any time.
What is the scope of the funding?
The aim of the tender “Career Grants” is to support researchers who live abroad and travel to Austria for job interviews (maximum 80% of the travel costs), relocate to Austria to enter into new employment (up to a maximum of € 2.000) and the professional integration of a partner (up to a maximum of € 2.000).
What are the criteria?
Funding applicants must have an academic degree. Proof of at least a Master’s degree is required. The post, for which a job interview is held or which is started, must be filled for at least 12 months and directly relate to research, development and innovation.
Who may be funded?
Individual researchers (and their partners) who live abroad and are interested in a career or continuing their career in Austria.
How can I apply?
Funding applications can be submitted via eCall (electronic submission system of the FFG) at any time.
- Fill in the application with the name and details of the researcher and NOT the data of the employer!
- The Dual Career Grant must be submitted by the relocating researcher’s partner. The partner has to register seperately in our submission tool eCall.
Apply here: https://ecall.ffg.at/CareerGrant
The FFG must receive the funding applications before the researcher departs for the interview or before the researcher relocates to Austria and starts work. For details please read the tender guidelines.
Which reports and expense records are required?
After the job interview or after the relocation to Austria, the form "Funding Agreement including expense account form" must be sent to the FFG by post. All costs listed by the applicant must be verified by means of the respective invoices or receipts (originals).
How is the funding paid out?
The funded costs will be transferred ex post by bank transfer in Euro exclusively to the researcher’s bank account.
All relevant documents are available from "Downloads".
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Tender Guidelines - for applications from 1 April 2019 (pdf)
- Funding Agreement - for applications from 1 April 2019 (docx)
- Interview Confirmation - for applications from 1 April 2019 (docx)
- Confirmation Post in R&D - for applications from 1 April 2019 (docx)
- Tender Guidelines - for applications until 31 March 2019 (pdf)
- Funding Agreement - for applications until 31 March 2019 (doc)
- Confirmation Post in R&D - for applications until 31 March 2019 (doc)