A message from Federal Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs Margarete Schramböck
Austria takes the Eureka chair as of July 2020
- Eureka’s network consists of national funding bodies from 47 countries (including South Korea, Canada, South Africa, Chile and Argentina) and the European Commission. The network enables worldwide cooperation between innovative SMEs, large companies, universities and research institutes.
- Globalstars facilitates international R&D and innovation cooperation between Eureka countries and non-Eureka countries. Eureka has launched successful calls with Brazil, India, Taiwan and Singapore, and we expect further countries to participate in the future.
- The Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs (BMDW) and the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) represent Austria in Eureka. Other important stakeholders are the Austrian Federal Chamber (WKÖ), the Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK) and the Federal Ministry for European and international Affairs (BMEIA).
- The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) was appointed by the BMDW to prepare and run the Austrian Eureka Chairmanship. Starting from July 2020, Austria will take over responsibility for Eureka and the Association in Brussels. During the Chairmanship year, we will organise several important network meetings in Austria.
- Austria will support the launch of new Eureka programmes (notably Eurostars 3: a funding programme supporting innovative SMEs, co-funded by the European Commission), promote Eureka and foster cooperation within and beyond the network and advance the new global strategy for outreach and cooperation.
The Austrian Eureka team. f.l.t.r.: Marie Katharine Traunfellner, Pauline Oberthaler, Lejla Abazovic, Klaus Puchbauer-Schnabel, Adelheid Folie, Michaela Gstrein, Ulrich Schuh, Ines Marinkovic, Johanna Scheck, Michael Walch, Karin Kurzweil, Olaf Hartmann, Georg Panholzer
Deputy NPC-Chair, Communication
T +43 5 7755 4701