BRIDGE – Funding, Guidelines
BRIDGE 1 is funding calls with different submission dates under the FFG's BRIDGE Programme. Funding is made available for basic research projects conducted by consortia of partners involved in scientific research and industrial commercialisation. The projects fall into the category of industrial research according to the EU funding limits. Funding for science of up to 80 % is available if the project is carried out in cooperation with small and medium-sized enterprises. The programme is open to all research topics.
BRIDGE provides funding for collaboration between scientific institutes and businesses. The projects should be designed as basic research projects but should also offer prospects for commercialisation. The participating companies must be effectively involved in the project work and make a financial contribution, if applicable.
- Further development and transfer of basic research findings to industrial application
- Extending research collaboration between science and industry
- Facilitating access to scientific research for small and medium-sized enterprises
- Promoting the transfer of researchers from universities to industrial research (PhD theses, Post Docs)
- Intensifying research performance in high-level industrial research and experimental development as well as innovations in social and economic sciences and services
- Promoting the commercialisation of high-tech innovations in order to enhance the innovative performance of the Austrian economy
Description of the target group:
The BRIDGE Programme is aimed at researchers and companies from all scientific disciplines and sectors in Austria. Both research institutes and companies are eligible to apply. The consortium must consist of at least two partners (one each from science and industry respectively).