FFG Academy Training: Proposal writing for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships
The training consists of live, interactive webinars complemented by short e-learning inputs and reflection exercises before and during the training.
We will cover important issues to keep in mind when writing a good proposal, from “Excellence” and “Impact” to “Implementation”. You will learn about topics like the evaluation process and open science and get the chance to discuss with a Postdoctoral Fellow and an MSCA evaluator.
After the training, you will have a good understanding of the rationale of the programme and you will have the tools to start writing your own proposal.
We offer two different training dates, each consisting of two consecutive online sessions plus additional work at home. You can choose the date during registration.
Time & date of the online sessions:
22 May 2023 01:00 p.m. – 05:00 p.m. CET and
23 May 2023 01:00 p.m. – 05:00 p.m. CET
30 May 2023 9:00 a.m. - 01:00 p.m. CET and
31 May 2023 9:00 a.m. - 01:00 p.m. CET
Additional time investment:
Preparation before the training: about 4 hours
Exercises between first and second day of the training: about 1 hour
Site: ONLINE, via Zoom
The training is specifically designed for researchers planning to submit a proposal in the next call for Postdoctoral Fellowships (deadline 13 September 2023). Non-applicants (research support units or similar) are welcome to participate as well, provided there are still places available.
For supervisors planning to host postdoctoral fellows we are offering a separate event on 01 June 2023.
Participation is free of charge. The training will be held in English. Registration is open until 5 May 2023.
The number of participants for this training is limited as we want to ensure interactivity and enough time for discussions. The technical registration does not alone qualify for a participation, and we reserve the right to decline registrations that do not fit the target group. Preference will be given to applicants fulfilling the following conditions:
- Submission in current call planned
- Country of destination for the planned MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship is Austria
- Fellows are eligible.
- In possession of a doctoral degree at the call deadline, i.e. 13 September 2023.
- Mobility rule: Recruited researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of destination for more than 12 months within the past 3 years immediately before the call deadline. For the Global Postdoctoral Fellowships, the researcher must comply with the mobility rule in the country for the outgoing phase (not for the return phase).
- Supported researchers can be of any nationality. However, researchers applying for a Global Postdoctoral Fellowship must be nationals or long-term residents of a European Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country. Long-term residence means a period of legal and continuous residence within EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries of at least five consecutive years.
- At the call deadline, researchers must have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree. Years of experience outside research and career breaks are not taken into account.
- For reintegration to Europe, years of experience in research in Third Countries will not be considered in the above maximum. Integration to Europe means direct mobility from a Third Country to Europe within the last 12 months before the call deadline, and only applies to nationals or long-term residents of a European Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country.
In case you are not sure about your eligibility or for other questions about the training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.